Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to put some thought into how to impress your Valentine’s Day date.
Whether preparing a sumptuous dining experience either at home or booking your favorite restaurant, give some thought to what either your guest or host will observe about your table manners and dining style.
How often are we distracted during a conversation over a coffee, a dining table or at a networking event, watching the actions of people who are blissfully unaware of their dining habits?
In today’s environment most business and social relationships are created in a dining setting. From an informal coffee meeting to either a casual or formal dining or social setting, your eating and drinking style reveals your level of etiquette intelligence and awareness.
Many a relationship has been spoilt and a business deal “undone”, either over a catch up or meeting at a café, at a restaurant table or during a networking event.
Take the opportunity to rate your dining etiquette intelligence.
- Are you tempted to speak with your mouth full or place your hand over your mouth when talking with a mouthful?
- What do you do with the table napkin? When you:
Are seated at the table?
Wish to go to the bathroom?
Have finished your meal?
- Where is the first course cutlery positioned on a table setting?
- Do you hold your knife like a pen?
- What do you do with your cutlery when you commence a conversation or somebody asks you a question?
- What is the “finished position” look like when you have completed eating your meal?
- How do you eat a bread roll?
- How do you manage a drink and a canapé while you are conversing?
- How do you choose wine and beverages for your guests?
- How do you settle the bill?